Chester IVC (“CIVC”) must collect information about members and prospective members to carry out its operations as a social club. CIVC will strive to observe the law in all aspects of handling data and will only use data for legitimate purposes. CIVC will maintain due care in processing data. CIVC will ensure data is timely, accurate, and secure, and subscribe to the principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. An appointed Committee member – firstname.lastname@example.org – will be responsible for the oversight of these principles. In this case, Chester IVC is the sole Data Controller (“the Controller”) and the Data Processors are Member Mojo and Hostinger.
Handling of personal data is a sensitive issue and CIVC members will not disclose data without the consent of the data subject or without legal, operational or contractual bases. Where data is disclosed to other agencies a contract exists for the transfer of this data.
Under the General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), data subjects have rights which CIVC will facilitate and guard. They are as follows;
- The Right to be Informed – subjects should understand the data they are submitting and how it will be processed
- The Right of Access – subjects should have access to their data that is held by the Data Controller, if they request it
- The Right to Rectification – subjects can request that incorrect personal data be rectified
- The Right to Erasure (a.k.a. The “Right to be Forgotten”) – subjects can request the erasure of their personal data if there are no legitimate grounds for the Controller to retain it
- The Right to Portability – the Data Controller should move the subject’s data to another controller for further use
- The Right to Object – subjects can object to the processing of their data if they suspect the grounds for doing so are not legitimate
In this instance, we are collecting your information for the purposes of assessing your application for membership of Chester IVC. CIVC will process this data because we have legitimate and legal bases for reviewing your application. You may withdraw your consent for CIVC to process your data at any time. Please note if the relevant information is not provided we will not be able to assess your application.
The data captured here will be visible and accessible by CIVC’s Committee Members.
The data will be stored in CIVC’s Member Mojo system securely and will not be accessed by any unauthorised person(s). This data will be retained to ensure CIVC can fulfil the outlined reasons for processing this data. Organisation and member data will be kept for 6 months after a plan or trial has expired so it can be recovered. You can ask us to remove it sooner.
Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with CIVC’s supervisory authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – and this can be done online via this link – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Chester IVC does not use automated decision-making or profiling in any of its data processing activities, and the information provided by the prospective employee will not be subject to transfer to third parties or countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or European Union (EU).